Friday, February 23, 2007

Edge Loop Selection in Blender

Edge loops. Yeah, those.

Edge loops are like when I first started learning photoshop and had a conceptual problem with layers. I have know that I want quad based modeling for ease of manipulation, proper animating, and good results with sub-surfacing.

However, I am not formally trained in modeling and my work in the past is not to the standard I'd like to achieve. In watching modeling training videos I'm seeing the edge loop tool select being used. I'm not able to successfully follow along. It isn't working for me. I'm hitting ctrl-e 6 like they are telling me but nothing happens.

This morning I look up in the blender wiki manual edge loops and voila! Like magic. Hold and and right click. All the cool edges in my forming skull model are selected nicely. Joy.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Edge_and_Face_Tools

No comments: