Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sketch Renders from Blender using Composite Nodes

I've been using Blender for 3 years now. When I first touched Blender it was in version 2.31 (I'm pretty sure). In the intervening years the addition of tools has left me in a perpetual state of can't learn fast enough. I've relaxed into this state realizing it is just living in a cornucopia and I shouldn't sweat excess of stuff I want, like, and need. Nodes were added in the recent past (2.43-2.42?) and I am focused on the game engine so I haven't studied the new neat toy/tool.

Today on Blendernation I found a link to this tutorial about how to use the render nodes to do sketch renders. http://matthieu3d.free.fr/TutoVira2/tut2en.html
I won't say I know how to use the nodes now, but I think I understand the concept much better.

3 comments:

Newman said...

HA!

I tried this tut and got NO WHERE. Stuff didn't seem in the right place, and then, I realized - I was using the wrong version of the software.

The tut calls for 2.43. I have 2.42a...

... downloading

Newman

baptistas said...

Yeah, versioning is important with Blender.

I'll give you a tip though, You can install multiple versions of Blender in different folders.

This would be useful for the 2.25 which is more capable than the new one in some interesting ways. It was the last commercial version of Blender. I've got a bunch of games for it.

Newman said...

Ah! That is a neat tip. Different versions on blender on the same computer.

...

I love blender!